What is an SEO Audit?
In general, SEO audits are meant to analyze how healthy a website is, how well the website fares in the market and how efficiently it brings in traffic from search engines. An analysis can identify whether pages are indexed by search engines or can provide useful marketing information such as search rankings and keyword success.
What SEO Audit Measures
An SEO audit accurately measures the overall performance of your site. The technical aspects are particularly taken into account. The following are the detailed aspects that an SEO audit covers:
- Content Clarity - It monitors the clarity of your textual content as well as the codes used in creating the site. Even the efficiency of the codes enhances the visibility of your content. Thus, this also has to be taken care of.
- Page Load Time - If your web pages take so long to load, then your site already fails to pass this criteria. People’s attention span is steadily shortening nowadays. It could affect the bounce rate if you don’t do something about boosting your page load time.
- Ease of navigation - This aspect might not directly be a big deal for search engines. However, your potential customers consider this a huge aspect. You are not likely to generate returning customers, or any customer for that matter, if your site is too complex to use.
Benefits of SEO Audit
Taking your SEO audit seriously will eventually make you experience lots of favors. The following are some of the main advantages of regularly conducting an SEO audit.
- Know about your competitors and figure out how to stay ahead of them.
- Learn about the current state of your site and evaluate the issues that block your site’s online visibility.
- Boost your site authority through the integration of the right SEO techniques.
- Get the chance to optimize your site for search engines and eliminate the on-page flaws that are hindering your site’s success.
- Create the best plans on how to improve conversion rate and lead generation.
- Learn about the key factors that affect the search ranking of your website.
- Make effective moves towards enabling each of your web pages to get indexed and crawled by major search engines.
There are basically a lot of things that you can do to ace your SEO game. A good first step is to get a good business overview of the website. Is the keyword use relevant to the page or website? Is the brand being showcased well? Is the website design intuitive and appealing to the target audience? The answer to these questions is important because page views can't compare to visitor retention. If the visitor cannot navigate the website or the page is irrelevant to their search, they won't stay long.
A technical check of the website is also in order. Run through the SEO again. Look at the titles for each page and check if they are unique and descriptive enough. When using keywords in the titles, do not sacrifice reading comprehension for page hits. This makes it obvious that they were written for a search engine and not for a human visitor.
Check if pages are indexed by search engines. All the SEO in the world can't help if the searches can't reach the site. Also, optimize the site for engine crawlers by providing a sitemap and robots.txt file. Check for broken links and incorrect redirects because these are dead ends for the crawlers. Finally, check if images have the relevant alt text. This allows even the images to be indexed by search engines.
Multiple URLs should be canonicalized or streamlined into one primary domain. If there are 4 different URLs leading to the same page, the traffic is going to be divided between them.
Now scouring through each and every page of a website for technical data and issues is extremely daunting, and almost impossible on large websites. Fortunately, there are many tools available to simplify the process. We want to be objective so before we lay out the competition, we shall first tell you to check out our in-house solution that guarantees results at unbeatable value for money prices. It’s a cut above the rest.
Web crawlers such as Screaming Frog SEO Spider and Deepcrawl generate a report of the domain, outlining useful marketing data such as page traffic and backlinks. They also check for things like broken links and duplicates. URL Profiler. has a similar function but has more features such as the Copyscape API that allows for content scanning.
Chrome features some handy SEO extensions as well.
A good way to check the effectiveness of SEO and website identity is through Google Analytics. It provides in-depth reports on page traffic such as location and can check the effectiveness of online campaigns. For Google search optimization, there is the Search Console. It can monitor site performance much like Analytics, but it is more hands-on by allowing site owners to choose which content to allow or disallow web indexing.
Last but not least on the list is SeoTools For Excel. It runs as an add-on to Microsoft Excel and runs SEO functions such as on- or off-page SEO from the menu within the program.
While SEO auditing does sound very time-consuming and technical, it is a necessary element to strengthen a company’s online presence. As a whole, SEO audits are best used as a marketing strategy aid rather than a maintenance check. There are reliable SEO companies that can help you audit your site’s SEO qualifications.
If you truly mean business, you shouldn’t take your SEO status for granted. It’s pointless to have your site live on the web if it’s not getting the right kind of traction it deserves. It will surely harm your business goals if your site remains unnoticed in the digital sphere.